We’re all encouraged to do our bit for the environment. You do it at home, so why should it be different when you travel? Whether you’re on a business or leisure trip it makes perfect sense to stay at a green hotel.
At Winford Manor, we work hard to be a true eco friendly hotel. That’s why we have a proactive environmental policy, train our teams in ‘green’ thinking and encourage our guests to be as ‘green’ as possible.
For modern travel accommodation, being an eco hotel involves much more than the obvious energy saving measures and having no-smoking rooms. Here’s a taste of how we provide genuinely eco accommodation:
And that’s just the start. From staff education and water conservation to our traffic-reducing airport transfer people-carrier, we’re doing whatever we can to ensure our future as one of the South West’s most environmentally friendly hotels, working alongside the Green Business Tourism Scheme.
Your Winford Manor Hotel: a warm welcome; an idyllic location – and environmentally friendly too!
We’re all encouraged to do our bit for the planet. Whether you’re on a business or a leisure trip it makes perfect sense to stay at a green hotel. An eco friendly hotel– no preaching, no guilt, no compromise, we just do it. At Winford Manor, we strive to maintain the highest standards of excellence and seek to empower staff and guests alike to facilitate their full contribution to the society in which they live.
We take environmental considerations into account in all our activities. Although ultimate responsibility rests with management, all staff have a part to play in minimising adverse effects on the environment. To that end Winford Manor promotes the best use of environmental practices and will monitor the progress and review environmental performance on an annual basis.
More particularly at Winford Manor we:
• Encourage staff and guest involvement in environmental issues through practices as well as appropriate information, training and participation exercises. We have a proactive environmental policy and train our teams in green’ thinking to ‘eliminate, reduce, reuse, recycle’.
• Promote energy conservation by efficient use, careful planning and design with due regard to improved energy utilisation and appropriate investment in energy efficient measures:
• Minimise waste and ensure that there is effective control, which promotes recycling where possible and provides responsible disposal, particularly with regard to hazardous wastes:
• Promote environmentally responsible, ethical and fair trade policies in all its commercial activities, including purchasing and investment.
• Strive to eliminate the release of pollutants, to be achieved by application of discharge controls, and also by initial assessment and continuing evaluation of the appropriateness of and need for any activity which could have an impact on the environment.
• Adopt an environmentally sound transport strategy.
• Adopt policies which take into account the visual impact of hotel activities.
• Take into consideration the likely environmental effect of hotel activities and developments on the local community.
• Expect similar environmental standards from all parties with whom the hotel deals
Here’s a taste of how we provide genuinely eco accommodation:
• Biomass wood chip energy boiler for hot water and under floor heating.
• Rainwater harvesting system –rainwater for flushing toilets.
• Heat exchange ventilation system.
• Water efficient washing machines, ozone wash treatments.
• Bulk dispensers for soap and other consumables – reduces wasteful packaging.
• Minimal chemical use in housekeeping and parkland.
• Hotel recycling bins make recycling easy and convenient for everybody.
• Garden composting programme, parkland used as education resource for local school children, wild life protection, conservation and enhancement programme. Local village flower and produce show venue.
• Locally sourced deliveries and produce with a sustainable procurement policy.
• Adhere to environmental legislation with a commitment to continuous improvement with a positive preference Local employer / using local contractors.
• Energy smart card room entry system; energy efficient flat screen TVs; energy efficient lighting.
• Environmentally friendly towel and sheet re-use programme with a volatile organic compound free cotton towels and sheets – for better air quality and allergy awareness when choosing furnishings and cleaning materials.
• Double glazing, floor insulation, thermal insulation, acoustic insulation.
• Paper reuse and water based ink printing.
• Bicycle storage facilities
• Transfer to Bristol airport flyer linking airport with national rail and bus terminals
• Member of Green Tourism Business Scheme.